Venus, Life and Velikovsky

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Sco4444

Venus, Life and Velikovsky

Unread post by Sco4444 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:10 pm

"Astronomers have discovered a rare molecule -- phosphine -- in the clouds of Venus. On Earth, this gas is only made industrially or by microbes that thrive in oxygen-free environments"(Science Daily).

Given Velikovsky's theory that Venus was recently formed, could this be the way life started on Earth 4B years ago? An interface of Panspermia and planetary cloud formations produced by cooling process.

nick c

Re: Venus, Life and Velikovsky

Unread post by nick c » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:21 pm

The phosphine connection to Venus and Velikovsky may be even more indirect.
Phosphine has been detected on Jupiter and Saturn:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3509001328
The global distribution of phosphine (PH3) on Jupiter and Saturn is derived using 2.5 cm−1 spectral resolution Cassini/CIRS observations.
Velikovsky postulated that Venus was formed after Jupiter and Saturn had a close approach. V thought that Venus had fissioned from Jupiter, while many of his followers thought Venus fissioned from Saturn. Anyway since Venus is an infant planet the phosphene may be left over from its mother planet.

That being said, I would say that V was sympathetic to panspermia.

So, I don't think this discovery, though interesting, tells us too much of anything.

Sco4444

Re: Venus, Life and Velikovsky

Unread post by Sco4444 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:22 am

Nick wrote "So, I don't think this discovery, though interesting, tells us too much of anything".

Sadly yes and because timescales involved are so vast, confirmation one way or the other may be a long time coming.