Plasma core?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
APOTHECARY

Plasma core?

Unread post by APOTHECARY » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:12 pm

This study is making the rounds which refers to a fourth state of matter being present at the core. It seems to me as though euphemisms are being deployed such as "super-ionic" instead of plasma. With that being said, is there a argument for not calling it plasma or is this just another example of semantic side stepping? I appreciate the feedback and thanks for having me here on the forum.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/scientist ... ate-matter

Maol

Re: Plasma core?

Unread post by Maol » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:09 pm

APOTHECARY wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:12 pm This study is making the rounds which refers to a fourth state of matter being present at the core. It seems to me as though euphemisms are being deployed such as "super-ionic" instead of plasma. With that being said, is there a argument for not calling it plasma or is this just another example of semantic side stepping? I appreciate the feedback and thanks for having me here on the forum.

The use of the term "super" in this context is not euphemistic, its use is to indicate the condition of being over the threshold or beyond a point in physical conditions where a physical state (in this case, ionization) must exist.

The the term "super" in "supercritical" is to describe the pressure and temperature above which matter cannot exist as either liquid or solid, like super-heated steam or supercritical nitrous oxide when above 97.5F A supercritical fluid (SCF) is any substance at a temperature and pressure above its critical point, where distinct liquid and gas phases do not exist, ...

Other uses of "super" to indicate a physical condition is beyond a threshold are "supersonic" air flow and "supercavitation" flow in water at high speed, as such "supercavitation" describes the velocity above which a cavity in the fluid flow cannot be avoided.

In the context of the article about the earth's core "super" describes the physical conditions as being above or beyond the threshold where matter must exist in the ionic state due to the high temperature.

APOTHECARY

Unread post by APOTHECARY » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:29 pm

Thank you for the response and clarity. If you could explain one other thing. Why do they refer to this as the 4th state of matter while not mentioning plasma? Are they implying there is a fifth state? Apologies if this seems like a simple question. I am just taken back by just how different various fields of science describe the same phenomenon

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Plasma is superheated matter – so hot that the electrons are ripped away from the atoms forming an ionized gas. It comprises over 99% of the visible universe. ... Plasma is often called “the fourth state of matter,” along with solid, liquid and gas.

https://www.psfc.mit.edu/vision/what_is_plasma

The article you linked in the OP is written to an audience presumed to understand "ions" and "ionized matter" and "plasma" are one and the same.

beekeeper

Unread post by beekeeper » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:17 pm

Greetings EU pilgrims, in the EU concept if a planet originates from a star or one of the giant gas planets as a plasma ball ejected from these objects it is possible that it will retain a plasma core supported be the electrical impulses sustaining the star and other gaseous objects in a star system. Just putting in my two bits for the EU theory that I find t h e most possible for the existence of the universe and us for that matter. Our present understanding of the universe is based basically on mathematical equation whereas in math two wrongs make a right so from so many wrongs we get so Manny rights 😀 😎
Regards Beekeeper
If nothing can travel faster than light, how can darkness escape it

APOTHECARY

Unread post by APOTHECARY » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Maol wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:35 pm Plasma is superheated matter – so hot that the electrons are ripped away from the atoms forming an ionized gas. It comprises over 99% of the visible universe. ... Plasma is often called “the fourth state of matter,” along with solid, liquid and gas.

https://www.psfc.mit.edu/vision/what_is_plasma

The article you linked in the OP is written to an audience presumed to understand "ions" and "ionized matter" and "plasma" are one and the same.

Hmm.. I understand what plasma is.
You say that it is written for an audience who presumably understands these are one and the same. It seems more like they are attempting to say it is something different than it is... hence the point of my initial question. When reading it I do not interpret them as drawing parallels to plasma. I notice this all too often with these subtle alterations in descriptions.. much like saying something is a wet substance vs saying it is a liquid state of matter. The fourth state of matter has a defined name that we use to communicate across disciplines.. so why call it something else?
I digress.

APOTHECARY

Unread post by APOTHECARY » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:48 pm

beekeeper wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:17 pm Greetings EU pilgrims, in the EU concept if a planet originates from a star or one of the giant gas planets as a plasma ball ejected from these objects it is possible that it will retain a plasma core supported be the electrical impulses sustaining the star and other gaseous objects in a star system. Just putting in my two bits for the EU theory that I find t h e most possible for the existence of the universe and us for that matter. Our present understanding of the universe is based basically on mathematical equation whereas in math two wrongs make a right so from so many wrongs we get so Manny rights 😀 😎
Regards Beekeeper

That is Ultimately where I was going with this. In the EU, theoretically we could expect a plasma based core. I am trying to think about how that theory relates to this data and if it makes reality any more clear.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:08 pm

After chasing the web and reading some more about this, it is evident in this case the term is referring to a recently postulated (discovered) state of matter occurring in the conditions of heat and pressure at the Earth's core wherein the oxygen and hydrogen in an ionic state is moving as a fluid within the solid crystalline form of iron. It is obviously very likely the electromagnetic conditions in the core are also a factor in this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superionic_water

beekeeper

Unread post by beekeeper » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:30 am

Greetings Maoi my question here is where does the electro c tro magnetic field comes from. The idea of the static electricity emanating from the frictions of the tectonic plates inmy view does not hold water. :) regards Beekeeper
If nothing can travel faster than light, how can darkness escape it

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:31 am

beekeeper wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:30 am Greetings Maoi my question here is where does the electro c tro magnetic field comes from. The idea of the static electricity emanating from the frictions of the tectonic plates inmy view does not hold water. :) regards Beekeeper
Strange questions from a proponent of EU theory. I don't mean to be pedantic, but have you forgotten Earth has 'ground current' and a magnetic field that is perturbed by the Sun's magnetic field and electromagnetic activity of the solar wind ions, and Piezoelectricity is a real thing?

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:20 pm

@Maol You might consider Telluric currents as a possible contributor.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:32 pm

Other than a potential struggle over semantics, what did you think I meant by, "Earth has 'ground current' and a magnetic field ... and Piezoelectricity is a real thing" ??

dpres

Unread post by dpres » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:25 pm

APOTHECARY wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:12 pm This study is making the rounds which refers to a fourth state of matter being present at the core. It seems to me as though euphemisms are being deployed such as "super-ionic" instead of plasma. With that being said, is there a argument for not calling it plasma or is this just another example of semantic side stepping? I appreciate the feedback and thanks for having me here on the forum.

Hi, I just want to add a few words from a book I read many years ago.
THE PHYSICS OF CREATION
HAROLD ASPDEN, 2003
CHAPTER 8
Creation: Stars and Planets
Introduction
There is something that cosmologists who theorize about what
we see in outer space have yet to learn. There are two very basic
errors in the scientific foundations on which they build their
understanding of stars.
Firstly, they ignore completely the fact that hydrogen as the gas
from which stars are formed will, upon compression to a mass density
of the order of 1.4 gm/cc as shown in Appendix IV, experience
overlap of the electron shells, the K-shells of the atomic structure of
hydrogen. This means that the star will be partially ionized, which
means that many protons and electrons will roam free. In turn this
means that, since the mutual rate of gravitational acceleration by two
interacting protons is 1836 times that of two interacting electrons, the
star must adopt a uniform mass density throughout its core and have
a positive electric core charge density enclosed in a surface shell of
negative charge density. The electrostatic repulsion of the core charge
will balance exactly the internal gravitational attraction of the star as
a whole. That electrical core charge density will be G1/2 times that
mass density 1.4 gm/cc. This happens to be the mass density of our
Sun but this fact is surely not a matter of coincidence!
. . . .