Electrical studies of fire

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.
Elizabeth Rose

Electrical studies of fire

Unread post by Elizabeth Rose » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:33 pm

I'm pretty shy and usually get a ton of hate the moment I post anywhere on the internet...

But as I've always understood fire, it seems to be kinda like a weak glow mode plasma. It can be manipulated with electric fields, so it obviously has electrical properties, some like to say this just comes from vague "chemical" and carbon reactions.. To which I usually say, chemicals and carbon don't lie outside the makeup of electricity either?

But.. Pretty much what I'm looking for here is any study on fire as plasma that I can be referred to. I can't seem to find any studies that explicitly focus on fire/flames and their plasmic behavior.
I'm just wondering if anybody knows of an electric universe perspective study of fire, that I can read or watch.

Or is one still yet to perform such a detailed analysis of fire?

paladin17

Re: Electrical studies of fire

Unread post by paladin17 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:14 pm

I can't give you the links right now, but in general fire is indeed a plasma (which also allows some people to speculate that the "4 elements" of ancients: earth, air, water and fire - are simply 4 states of matter: solid, gaseous, liquid and plasma).
The idea is that high temperature of a flame produces extra ionization. It's not very high (most likely below 1%), but it's enough to demonstrate plasma properties. E.g. you might find videos on YT where a discharge of a capacitor through a candle flame can be achieved, while air at the same conditions doesn't generate a spark. Again, due to higher conductivity of a flame.

Plus there has been some research in early XX century that demonstrated diamagnetism of a flame (it prefers to move to areas with a weaker magnetic field, effectively being repulsed by it), which is also a plasma characteristic.
I have a suspicion that in the middle of XX century a lot of research in combustion was classified due to nuclear research and other military applications (in fact, I know a couple of examples of that - e.g. works of Y. Zel'dovich). And I don't know if any comprehensive studies of flames and electricity exist at later times, though I'm pretty sure you might find something if you look thoroughly.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:34 pm

You can read a basic overview of fire's plasma (and therefore electrical) properties here.

Highly recommend the literature in the notes of that article for further reading, especially footnote no. 5.

Elizabeth Rose

Unread post by Elizabeth Rose » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:44 am

Thanks for the replies, I really wish there were some video demonstrations of flame manipulation combined with plasmic context. It really feels like an injustice for mainstream to say fire is "not always a plasma", but then continue on not to define what it is, if not always some type of (weak) plasma.

If I find any additional unreferenced information in this thread, I'll be sure to relay it back for the study of those interested.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 am

There are video demonstations in the literature I linked above, or just do a youtube search for "fire plasma" and enjoy the show (the one where the guy microwaves fire is amazing :lol: )