Total solar eclipse: measurements or observations?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
coldelectric

Total solar eclipse: measurements or observations?

Unread post by coldelectric » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 am

I'm an 'electrical experimenter' in Austin, Texas - fortunately situated to catch the eclipse on 4/8/24. Anybody got suggestions for interesting things to record or observe from my vantage point?

silvergreylion

Re: Total solar eclipse: measurements or observations?

Unread post by silvergreylion » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

Depends; do you have, or have access to, an extremely sensitve scale? (~1 microgram accuracy or better).

If so, weigh a 3x3 cm sheet of aluminum foil prior to the eclipse, during it, and again afterwards.

If you can leave it on the scale and not reset it between weighings, that would be preferable, as handling it may leave some kind of residue on it.

If you are able to measure the microwave background radiation, the spectrum profile should change a bit during the eclipse.
Certain peaks should reduce in frequency / increase in wavelength.

coldelectric

Unread post by coldelectric » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

silvergreylion wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am If you are able to measure the microwave background radiation, the spectrum profile should change a bit during the eclipse.
Certain peaks should reduce in frequency / increase in wavelength.
Ooo, got oscilloscope & ability to rig probes.... i been wondering what kind of fluctuations might show up in the 'background noise', microwaves hadn't occurred to me, props... I wonder: what's THAT probe gonna be made of......? Hmm.

(optional) see her sing: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/d54hdGN81QA

:twisted:

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm

Here is what the ISS crew would see if they had any back windows:
https://twitter.com/GaryNicholls52/stat ... 42/photo/1

Will post image directly later if this doesn't work.
Please visit Cosmology Fact Check on X.
eclipse party playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PrPc-vOTwn
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.” -Albert Einstein