Geological Narratives

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

mague

Geological Narratives

Unread post by mague » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 am

Hello,
Studies in comparative mythology have identified the ancient gods as planets and the thunderbolts that they hurled at each other and at the Earth as plasma discharges.
Since gods are part of the spiritual plane i d suggest to rephrase this a bit.

Planets are part of (ancient) gods.

For example the sun god could be the bright shiny thing. But the ancient and natives have been tribe/clan based. The monkey king could have been the leader of the pack. Or he could have been the avatar of the collective sum of all monkeys.

Sun could be the sun god, or just part of the family of suns and the sun god is the collective sum of all suns.

One prominent feature of gods is that they could be in many places at once or travel huge distances in a second. See greek mythology for examples how gods zap through history.

Then thunderbolts/electricity may be the tools of the planets, but not necessarily have to. There are other ways of influencing matter/energy. In ancient/clan based frameworks the hydrogen in our body is part of all hydrogen in the universe. This is only possible if we accept the "spiritual" dimension. Without it its flatland...

moses

Re: Geological Narratives

Unread post by moses » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Planets are part of (ancient) gods. mague
Planets in those ancient days could get very nasty. They were all-powerful
and the people would have been much afraid of them. Much superstition
would have resulted and it would have been extremely unwise to venerate
anything other than the planets, in fear that the planets got upset. Thus
the planets were the highest order beings being much venerated and so
qualify as ancient gods. This is regardless of what you or I think is god.
Mo

mague

Re: Geological Narratives

Unread post by mague » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Hello Moses,

i am sorry, but you look at it with modern human eyes. Our forefathers had a different concept of fear. Actually they had no fear, just an intense feeling that reminded them to be careful. Fear was positive, the adrenaline raised your awareness and raised the chance of survival. The current concept of paralyzing fear did not exist. Back then fear was not a stop sign, just an exclamation mark. In other words, todays fear is a trained pattern of behavior. Or just laziness...

But i wanted to keep out religion. Well, actually the source of religion is the knowledge or experience of the macro band. It has such huge macros that we have a hard time to measure and observe. I guess thats why it has no place in modern science. Unfortunately i am no mathematician and i cant express my thoughts in numbers and equations. The only argument i have is that the 4 is a worldwide know ancient symbol. Medicine wheel, four celestial guardians, square as symbol for matter, ying-yang, the cross and so on and on.

What i call the "spiritual" plane is a real plane in terms of modern physics. It seems nobody cares for it and those who tried probably could not measure anything. Nevertheless it exists. Quantum physics seems to have a few very good attempts to this.

I am not sure if this is the right term, but i want to call the clans continuum. All hydrogen, all carbon in the universe is member of its own continuum. Any change in this continuum has an effect within the whole continuum. If you drop a stone into a lake it creates waves. Those waves are know in a lake 120 million light years away. They are not measurable with any existing equipment, but the H and O atoms there "know" about the waves your stone made. This is true for all elements and on the next layer for all molecules and on a higher macro true for all gas giants or all plasma.

If there is a "cavity" in one of those continuum somewhere, it may create a "elevation" somewhere else. Distance and time do not necessarily matter in that regard. And while physicists probably cant measure, calculate or observer such behavior there is a probability that such continuum exist and that they are able to store and transport informations which enable them to create effects out of causes. This , currently, unscientific layer needs to find its place in science or there wont be any real understanding.

So yes, it is good if you feel fear when poisoning water or splitting atoms. It might not be a local even, it might be an event known to the whole cosmos. Just as a simple "Thank you" prayer to the drinking water might be know to the whole universe.